Cream of Broccoli Soup
Eating your veggies will be a little easier with this yummy broccoli soup. Growing up, broccoli had this certain stigma behind it, but it is packed with vitamins K and C and is also a great source of potassium and fiber. So go ahead and eat your greens! Try this creamy broccoli soup and let us know how it is!
• 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 yellow onion, sliced
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 4 cups (700 grams) cauliflower florets – 1 medium head of cauliflower
• 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
• 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
1. Add oil, onion, salt and pepper to a large saucepan. Sauté on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, adding a couple of tablespoons of water throughout the process to avoid from burning.
2. Add cauliflower and milk. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 10 minutes, or until florets are soft.
3. Add in half of the broccoli.
4. Pour mixture into the jug of your high-powered blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Return to pot.
5. Stir in remaining broccoli and onion powder. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, until thickened.
6. Serve immediately.